Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5534 ..
ACTION bus service—route alterations
(Question No 795)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 27 October 2017:
(1) Are Transport Canberra bus services being directed towards proposed light rail corridors in anticipation of the new light rail service; if so, can the Minister outline (a) how Transport Canberra determines which routes to modify or remove, (b) whether this is being done to increase expected patronage of light rail services and (c) what bus routes have been affected, and how they have been changed.
(2) Why has Transport Canberra ceased the 250 bus route from stopping at Baldwin Drive.
(3) Was any community consultation undertaken regarding the change of services along Baldwin Drive.
(4) Can the Minister provide patronage data for Transport Canberra bus route 250 during (a) peak times and (b) off-peak times during (i) 2015-16, (ii) 2016-17 and (iii) 2017--18 to date.
(5) Can the Minister provide patronage data for Transport Canberra bus route 30 during (a) peak times and (b) off-peak times during (i) 2015-16, (ii) 2016-17 and (iii) 2017-18 to date.
(6) Can the Minister provide the total number of patronage boardings at each Baldwin Drive stop for each Transport Canberra bus route servicing that area during (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17 and (c) 2017-18 to date.
(7) Can the Minister provide an outline detailing why the 250 bus route no longer services the stops along Baldwin Drive.
(8) Can the Minister provide an outline detailing the reasoning behind the recent modification(s) to bus route (a) 30 and (b) 250.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Transport Canberra is currently undertaking consultation with the community to discuss how local bus services can connect to the Rapid Network in 2018.
(2) The introduction of the Black Rapid (current Route 250) saw the service straightened to follow Aikman Drive. This is the strategic Rapid corridor highlighted in Transport for Canberra Report Card, providing the fastest and most direct route between the Belconnen and Gungahlin town centres.
(3) See above.
(4) The patronage data for Transport Canberra bus route 250 during (a) peak times and (b) off-peak times during (i) 2015-16, (ii) 2016-17 and (iii) 2017-18 to date (as at 2 November 2017) are displayed in the table below: