Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5526 ..
(3) How many complaints has Transport Canberra received in (a) 2016-17 and (b) 2017-18 to date regarding announcements be too (i) soft and (ii) loud.
(4) Are Transport Canberra drivers instructed to increase the volume of the automated announcements if a vision impaired person boards the bus; if not, what other procedures or measures are Transport Canberra drivers instructed to undertake to ensure a vision impaired customer is aware of their stop.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Generally there is an audio announcement volume setting fixed for each fleet vehicle type. Further fine tuning adjustment by technical staff may be required on a case by case basis.
(2) As above.
(3) Transport Canberra feedback is coded into subject categories. There were 35 pieces of feedback coded to the on board announcements received between 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016 and 16 received between 1 January 2017 to 31 October 2017.
Of the feedback received one complaint received in May 2016 commented that the on board announcement could not be heard. Ten pieces of feedback received were concerned that the announcements were not available.
A further word search for ‘volume’ of all NXTBUS feedback resulted in no matching criteria.
(4) Transport Canberra drivers are not able to adjust audio announcement volume settings.
ACTION bus service—bus stop locations
(Question No 791)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 27 October 2017:
(1) What data and criteria are assessed in determining stop locations selected for Transport Canberra bus services.
(2) Do all Transport Canberra bus stops have corresponding stops on the opposite side of the road for passengers travelling in the opposite direction; if not, why not; if so, how many metres can the stops be apart to be classified as corresponding.
(3) Is there a corresponding bus stop for the stop located at Callum Street after Hindmarsh Drive in Woden; if not, why not and will a stop be established in the remainder of 2017-18; if so, what is the location.
(4) Can the Minister provide, for each of the previous five financial years, the total number of Transport Canberra bus stops added to the network, and include (a) the location of the stop and (b) the routes that service the stop.