Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5524 ..
(10) Current legislation and co-operation with ACT Health, Access Canberra and TCCS is deemed appropriate and effective to manage the issue.
(Question No 789)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 27 October 2017:
(1) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the total number of ACT Government owned bike racks in the Territory by (a) suburb and (b) type of bike rack.
(2) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the total number of bike racks the ACT Government has installed in the Territory for each of the previous three financial years by (a) suburb and (b) type of bike rack.
(3) Can the Minister outline the process and what data is used to determine placement and type of bike racks.
(4) What feedback has the ACT Government received regarding (a) placement of bike racks, (b) number of bike racks, (c) type of bike racks, (d) maintenance of bike racks and (e) damage caused by bike racks.
(5) Can the Minister provide the total number of requests the ACT Government has received during each of the previous three financial years asking for additional bike racks broken down by suburb.
(6) Can the Minister provide the total number of complaints the ACT Government has received during each of the previous three financial years regarding bike racks causing damage to property.
(7) Has the ACT Government been approached in the previous three financial years to provide compensation to cyclists that have had their bikes damaged by bike racks; if so, was compensation paid and what was the amount of compensation; if not, what is the ACT Government’s policy on damage caused by bike racks.
(8) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the total cost of purchasing and installing each type of bike rack owned by the ACT Government.
(9) Has the ACT Government installed addition bike racks near businesses involved in the Bike Stop program; if so, can the Minister provide the total number and location of the bike racks; if not, why not.
(10) Can the Minister provide the type and number of bike racks installed along Victoria Street, Hall.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Territory is currently compiling a comprehensive asset management database with information about the total number of bike racks across the Territory.