Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 26 October 2017) . . Page.. 4593 ..
Recommendations to carry out further studies have been incorporated into the scope of the Googong Dam Comprehensive Dam Safety Review, planned for completion in June 2018.
5. Each consultancy is in the order of $300,000 - $450,000 and reviews take many months to complete. The scale of the reviews is dependent on dam size, type, geology and complexity.
6. Yes. The Safety Reviews are being conducted by independent professional consultants recognised as leaders in the dam management industry in Australia, companies known as AECOM and SMEC. Each consultancy was engaged through a tendering process as per Icon Water’s standard procurement procedures.
The completed Dam Safety Review reports will also be reviewed by an independent peer reviewer who is a recognised dam safety expert and is independent of Icon Water and the consultants, as required under the ACT Dam Safety Code. Appointment of the peer reviewer for each Safety Review was endorsed by the Utilities Technical Regulator.
7. Icon Water reports on dam safety compliance to the ACT Utilities Technical Regulator. Progress against compliance is reported in the annual report published by the Utilities Technical Regulator which is available on their website at the following link: https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/2203/~/utilities-technical-regulation#!tabs-1
8. Yes, the standards are being met.
(Question No 641)
Mr Coe asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 15 September 2017:
(1) Further to Question on Notice No. 319, can the Treasurer provide an update on the number of rateable dwellings in the ACT.
(2) How many of the total number of rateable dwellings are (a) single dwellings and (b) residential units.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) As of 18 September 2017, there were 161,548 rateable dwellings in the ACT.
(2) Of these rateable dwellings
a. 112,441 were single dwellings; and
b. 49,107 were residential units.