Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 26 October 2017) . . Page.. 4589 ..
TCCS supports all employees returning to work by implementing structured return to work programs within the Safety Rehabilitation & Compensation Act (1988) for work related injuries and illnesses, or under the Public Sector Management Act 1994 for personal injuries and illnesses. Return to work programs are based on medical advice from treating practitioners or independent assessors. These programs are negotiated on a case by case basis with the employee, their workplace and medical practitioners.
ACTION bus service—advertising
(Question No 636)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 15 September 2017:
(1) When was the policy applying to advertising on Transport Canberra buses last revised.
(2) If the policy applying to advertising on Transport Canberra buses has been revised since October 2016, when was the revised policy published on the Transport Canberra website.
(3) Who is responsible for assessing on a case-by-case basis proposed advertising related to a specific subject or issue that could be political in nature.
(4) Is there any independent mechanism for assessing proposed advertising that may be regarded as political in nature or appealing against decisions which may have been made regarding bus advertising.
(5) What advice has been provided to Go Transit by the ACT Government since October 2016 regarding material that may be displayed on Transport Canberra buses.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Services Agreement with Go Transit came into effect on 19 December 2016 and included criteria that listed suitable advertising material. This criteria can be found on the Transport Canberra website.
(2) The criteria have been updated to reflect the Services Agreement on 19 December 2016.
(3) Where the Territory’s advertising service provider requires guidance as to the application of the Services Agreement, it is referred to the Director of Transport Canberra Operations or their delegate prior to booking.
(4) Determinations regarding advertising are made within Transport Canberra.
(5) Go Transit have been provided with the ACT Healthy Food and Drink Marketing Criteria and Guideline for Marketing on ACTION Buses. This document was prepared by ACT Health. ACT Health also prepared a Guide to Advertising on ACTION Buses for use by individuals, businesses or other organisations seeking to advertise on ACTION buses. A document for the process for assessing advertising proposals on ACTION buses has also been provided to Go Transit for reference.