Page 4579 - Week 12 - Thursday, 26 October 2017
(7) What is the duration of the Board?
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. The Ngunnawal Bush Healing Farm (NBHF) Advisory Board is a consultative forum of ACT Health designed to seek the input of key stakeholders in relation to the development of the NBHF.
2. The function of the Board is outlined in the attached Terms of Reference (Attachment A).
3. Membership of the Board has varied over time to reflect contemporary needs of the NBHF. The current Membership is:
• Executive Director, Policy and Stakeholder relations, ACT Health
• Ms Roslyn Brown, Co-Chair, United Ngunnawal Elders Council
• Mrs Agnes Shea OAM, Senior Ngunnawal Elder
• Mr Fred Monaghan, Co-Chair United Ngunnawal Elders Council
• A member of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body
• A member who identifies as an Ngunnawal person
• A Torres Strait Islander consumer representative (Vacant)
• A representative of the CIT Yuruana Centre
• A representative of Habitat Personnel
• A representative of the Justice and Community Safety Directorate
• A representative of Winnunga Nimitiyjah Aboriginal Health Service (Vacant)
• A representative of Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation (Vacant)
• A representative of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Liaison Service, Canberra Hospital Health Services
• A Mental Health Liaison Officer, Mental Health ACT, ACT Health
• A representative of the Alcohol and Drug Service, ACT Health
• A representative of the Healing Foundation
• ACT Health NBHF project officers (Observers)
4. In 2008, the NBHF Advisory Board was first established. A series of letters were sent out to various Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander key stakeholders to seek their interest to join the membership of the NBHF Advisory Board.
Additional members may be invited to the Board with the approval of the chair(s).
5. The tenure of the Board is for the duration of the project to open the NBHF.
As a result of the opening of the NBHF on 4 September 2017 the terms of reference and function of the Advisory Board are being reviewed.
6. The Terms of reference for the board are at Attachment A.