Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 26 October 2017) . . Page.. 4558 ..
(6) What outcomes are being sought from the grants.
(7) How will the successes of the grants be measured.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The seed funding grants will be known as the ACT New and Emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Organisation Grants Program. The 2017-18 grants round is expected to open in the second quarter of 2017-2018.
(2) The purpose of the grants is to support new and emerging ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations to develop culturally appropriate services for the ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
(3) Consultations are currently being held with ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and other stakeholders and potential partners on how to ensure the funding is used as effectively as possible. It is expected that funding will focus on sustainably developing new and emerging organisations, including incorporated associations, social enterprises and for-profit businesses.
(4) The 2016-17 Indigenous Enterprise Development initiative is different from the ACT New and Emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Organisation Grants Program.
The Indigenous Enterprise Development initiative is administered through Innovate Canberra, in the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD). This initiative will provide funding for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business owners to help them take advantage of opportunities to develop their businesses. Community Services Directorate is liaising with CMTEDD to ensure the two initiatives are complementary.
(5) Guidelines for the ACT New and Emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Organisation Grants Program will be released when the 2017-18 grants round opens.
(6) This grants program will seek to support ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations in providing effective community-managed programs and businesses.
(7) The success of the grants program will be measured through:
• Number of emerging organisations that apply for the grants program
• Number of emerging organisations successfully acquitting the grant funding
• Community feedback
(Question No 601)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for the Environment and Heritage, upon notice, on 15 September 2017 (redirected to the Minister for Regulatory Services):
(1) When was it discovered that four of the ACT’s dams did not meet the Territory’s safety code.
(2) How often are audits conducted on the ACT’s water storages.