Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 26 October 2017) . . Page.. 4503 ..
Answers to questions
(Question No 361)
Mrs Dunne asked the Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 4 August 2017:
(1) What configurations of rooms are available at The Canberra Hospital Medihotel.
(2) How many rooms of each configuration are provided.
(3) Who runs the Medihotel.
(4) If run by a private service provider, who is it and what are the contractual arrangements.
(5) What were the occupancy figures for (a) 2014-15, (b) 2015-16 and (c) 2016 17.
(6) What was the tariff revenue in each of those years.
(7) What were the running costs in each of those years.
(8) What were the repairs and maintenance costs in each of those years.
(9) Are there any plans for capital upgrade works; if so, what are they and at what budgeted cost.
(10) Does the Government’s intend to continue to offer the Medihotel service.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. There are single and double rooms available.
2. There are eight bedrooms comprising of six single and two double rooms.
3. The MediHotel is run by the Canberra Hospital and Health Services.
4. Not applicable.
5. The occupancy figures for the MediHotel were:
2014-15: 434 people
2015-16: 498 people
2016-17: 135 people
The MediHotel model of care was designed to alleviate pressure on acute inpatient hospital beds by providing hotel-style accommodation to patients who would otherwise be accommodated in an acute inpatient bed, such as those from regional areas who require care on an outpatient basis. The MediHotel service was provided free of charge.