Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 21 September 2017) . . Page.. 4184 ..
Uriarra Village & Uriarra Forest, Aranda, Kowen Forest, Jerrabomberra Grasslands, Mulangarri Grasslands, Sterling Park, Yarramundi Reach and Gungaderra Grasslands.
(Question No 594)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development, upon notice, on 25 August 2017:
(1) What is the process for appointing members making up the Affordable Housing Advisory Group.
(2) What are the selection criteria for applicants seeking to be a member of the group.
(3) What date did the group’s member selection process begin and what date were the members confirmed.
(4) What are the relevant backgrounds and expertise of each member of the group.
(5) What are all the roles and responsibilities of each member of the group, individually and collectively.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) &(2) The members of the Minister’s Advisory Group (the “Group”) were selected by me based on their contribution to and expertise in matters associated with homelessness, public, community and supported housing, and the housing/property sector.
(3) The considerations around forming an advisory group began in March 2017. The final membership was agreed by me on 6 July 2017 when the final terms of reference was presented to the Group.
(4) The Group members serve as individuals and not solely as sector representatives.
They are requested to bring their own ideas and opinions to discussions but, where appropriate and able, are encouraged to also consult across their industry sector or cohort and to acknowledge different views.
The Group member backgrounds include experience in:
- the property and housing sector,
- community service and community housing provision
- housing and homelessness subject matter research experience and expertise,
- architecture, urban design and planning, and
- lived experiences of housing stress
(5) The Group has been established to provide an independent, external perspective of the challenges of housing affordability in the ACT and the possible responses that might be considered by the government.