Page 3786 - Week 10 - Thursday, 14 September 2017
(1) What is the development status of Block 5, Section 103 Casey.
(2) Are there any limitations on Block 5, Section 103 Casey restricting any development on the block to single storey only.
(3) Is there a rule in place preventing a builder or developer from making a profit on a block of land; if so, (a) on how many occasions has this rule been enforced in (i) 2014-15, (ii) 2015-16, (iii) 2017-17 and (iv) 2017-18 to date, (b) what penalties are in place for anyone who breaks this rule and (c) what mechanisms are in place to limit the possibility for builders or developers to profit on a block of land.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Exemption declaration was approved by the planning and land authority on 30 May 2017. On the basis of this exemption declaration building approval was issued by a private building certifier on 4 July 2017.
(2) No, there are no limitations in the Territory Plan on Block 5 Section 103 Casey restricting any development to single storey only.
(3) No, there is no rule in place therefore a, b and c are not applicable.
(Question No 432)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Urban Renewal, upon notice, on 4 August 2017 (redirected to the Chief Minister):
(1) How much has been spent by the ACT Government in support of the Westside Village located at West Basin since its establishment.
(2) Can the Minister update the total amount spent to date on (a) infrastructure works at the site, (b) site improvements or enhancements, including water and electricity upgrades, (c) external contractors, including event specialists, (d) advertising, (e) the salary and on-costs of any public servants working in support of the Westside Village or supervising the clean-up of the site and (f) preparation for the closure of the Westside Village, including cleanup of the site and removal of all structures from the site.
(3) What is the timetable for the removal of the containers and other equipment from the site of the Westside Village.
(4) What is the expected total cost to clean up the site after the closure of the Westside Village, including for the removal of all structures from the site.
(5) What is the total amount received in commercial rent for the period since the Westside Village was established until 1 January 2017.
(6) What is the total amount received in peppercorn rent since 1 January 2017 to date.