Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 17 August 2017) . . Page.. 3042 ..
(1) What was the cost of commissioning the (a) Public Bus Transport Communications Strategy and (b) ACT Public Transport Communications Strategy.
(2) Why were the strategies were commissioned.
(3) Why was it necessary to commission a second communications strategy.
(4) What was the name of the provider who developed the strategies in part (1) and outline the procurement processes undertaken as part of the engagement of that provider.
(5) Were any of the recommendations of the two strategies in part (1) implemented; if so, briefly outline the recommendations which were implemented; if not, what were the reasons for not implementing the recommendations of the strategies.
(6) Has the provider which developed the strategies in part (1) been engaged on any other projects for Transport Canberra or Capital Metro.
(7) What communications strategies have been commissioned by Transport Canberra, Capital Metro and Territory and Municipal Services in the period since 1 January 2014, providing the (a) title, (b) purpose, (c) provider, (d) cost and (e) date the strategy was finalised.
(8) Are there any plans to develop further communications strategies in 2017 18; if so, outline the purpose and proposed cost of those strategies.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Details are available on the ACT Contracts Register.
(2) To inform Government on the delivery of the new public transport agency – Transport Canberra.
(3) This will provide advice on the amalgamation of existing public transport options within the ACT.
(4) Civic Group. Details of the procurement process undertaken are available on the ACT Contracts Register.
(5) These strategies have not been released into the public domain. See recent Freedom of Information Request Decision: http://www.cmd.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/1053481/Decision.pdf.
a) Communication and Consultation Plan – Light Rail Stage 2
b) The purpose of the plan is to provide a framework for the proactive implementation of communications and engagement throughout the planning phases of the Light Rail Stage 2 project. It provides an overview of the direction and strategic approach to stakeholder and community engagement.