Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 17 August 2017) . . Page.. 3032 ..
(4) The delegation attended the Global Public Transport Summit from 15 to 17 May 2017 and the study tour from 18 to 25 May 2017. Attendees from ACT Government were:
- Ms Meegan Fitzharris, MLA, Minister for Transport Canberra and City Services
- Mr Blair Thompson, Senior Advisor to the Minister for Transport Canberra and City Services
- Mr Duncan Edghill, Deputy Director-General, Transport Canberra and City Services
(5) The total cost of the delegation’s travel expenses was $67,000.
(6) Please refer to the response to question 5.
(7) Any personal costs incurred during the period of travel and paid for by delegates (and not the ACT Government) are not a public matter.
(Question No 328)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 9 June 2017:
(1) How many waste bins are located in public spaces, such as local shopping centres, parks and reserves, in the ACT.
(2) How many waste bins are located near bus stops and bus interchanges.
(3) How frequently are bins located in public spaces emptied.
(4) In relation to the commitment to install 100 recycling bins in the city (a) when will the bins be installed, (b) where will the additional bins be located and (c) will any additional bins be installed in suburban spaces.
(5) Are there any plans to install more general waste bins in public spaces around the Territory.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) 1124 bins are located at local shops, group and town centres shopping areas, town and district parks, community parks, and district playing areas including sportsgrounds. Rubbish bins located in nature reserves are not managed by TCCS. They are managed by the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (ESPDD).
(2) 47 rubbish bins are located at bus interchanges. Rubbish bins are not installed at bus stops.
(3) The frequency that a bin is emptied depends on the usage of the bin. Frequency ranges between daily in high visitation areas to fortnightly in lower use areas. On average rubbish bins are emptied three times per week.