Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 17 August 2017) . . Page.. 3017 ..
Canberra—flags and banners
(Question No 315)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 9 June 2017:
(1) How much revenue was received from the hire of flags and/or banner poles under the Flags and Banners Operational Guidelines in the financial years (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16 and (d) 2016-17 to date.
(2) Who hired flag and/or banner sites and what was the purpose for the hire in the financial years (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16 and (d) 2016-17 to date.
(3) When were the Flags and Banners Operational Guidelines issued.
(4) Who approved the Flags and Banners Operational Guidelines.
(5) When were the costs for hiring flags and/or banner poles last revised.
(6) On average, how many people are required to undertake a flag and/or banner installation.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The answer to question (1) is provided in the attached table.
(2) The answer to question (2) is provided in the attached table.
(3) The current guidelines were issued in 2012 and are available at:
These guidelines were reviewed in May 2017 and will be replaced on the internet by the end of June 2017.
(4) The guidelines are approved by ACT Property Group.
(5) The hiring fees are reviewed at the beginning of each financial year.
(Copies of the attachments are available at the Chamber Support Office).
Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission—staffing and costs
(Question No 316)
Mr Coe asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 9 June 2017 (redirected to the Acting Treasurer):
(1) How many staff, by ACT Public Service classification bracket were employed by the Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission (ICRC) in the financial years (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16 and (d) 2016-17 to date.