Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 17 August 2017) . . Page.. 3005 ..
(9) The overall Festival stall plan is decided by a cross-government Festival working group based on competition with existing shop owners, weather, surface dryness and drainage, spatial constraints, security and public safety, consumer behaviour and existing infrastructure and stall holder requests and preferences.
To ensure a balanced distribution, the following issues are considered:
• rotating community stalls each year to make sure all communities get an equal opportunity;
• the number of liquor stalls in each area;
• equal distribution of similar products across the footprint;
• groups of temporary structures in which LP gas is used;
• charcoal BBQ operators;
• security and access requirements by ACT Ambulance, ACT Police and Embassies;
• van sites; and
• the location of showcases.
Motor vehicle inspection station—relocation
(Question No 311)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 9 June 2017 (redirected to the Minister for Regulatory Services):
(1) What was the total cost of the project to relocate the Motor Vehicle Inspection Station from Dickson to Hume.
(2) How long did it take to relocate the Motor Vehicle Inspection Station from Dickson to Hume.
(3) When did the Hume Motor Vehicle Inspection Station commence operation.
(4) How many motor registry and other staff are based at the Hume location.
(5) What is the annual cost to operate the Hume Motor Vehicle Inspection Station.
(6) How many vehicles have been inspected at the Hume Motor Vehicle Inspection Station since it was opened.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The total cost of the project to relocate the Motor Vehicle Inspection Station from Dickson to Hume was $433,602.
This consisted of:
• the cost to develop the Registration of Interest and Request for Tender documentation (approximately $86,000 (excl GST);
• relocation and operational costs of the Dickson MVIS to Hume including:
i. rent and fitout costs – $96,595 (excl GST)
ii. statutory outgoings – $40,000 (excl GST)