Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 8 June 2017) . . Page.. 2143 ..
Answers to questions
City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency—staffing
(Question No 165)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 12 May 2017:
(1) How many staff will be attached to the (a) City Renewal Authority and (b) Suburban Land Agency, once established.
(2) How many executive level staff will be attached to the (a) City Renewal Authority and (b) Suburban Land Agency, once established.
(3) Will existing staff of the Land Development Agency be given the opportunity to transfer to either the City Renewal Authority or the Suburban Land Agency or to remain in the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate.
(4) Will any consultants or contractors be engaged to the (a) City Renewal Authority and (b) Suburban Land Agency.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The following estimated employment levels are provided in the 2017-18 Budget Statements:
a. City Renewal Authority (CRA) – 20 full time employees
b. Suburban Land Agency (SLA) – 77 full time employees.
(2) Upon establishment the
a. City Renewal Authority will include 3 executive level staff, including the Chief Executive Officer
b. Suburban Land Agency will include 4 executive level staff, including the Chief Executive Officer.
(3) Staff will be transferred from the Land Development Agency to the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (EPSDD), the CRA and the SLA as a result of the new governance arrangements established by the City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency Act 2017. Extensive staff consultation has occurred as part of the transition to the new arrangements regarding organisational structures of the CRA, SLA and EPSDD, including the identification of individual staff to specific work units.
(4) The City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency Act 2017 authorises the Chief Executive Officers of the City Renewal Authority and the Suburban Land Agency to engage consultants and contractors. The engagement of contractors or consultants is a decision for each of the entities as part of broader workforce planning and operational management.