Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 11 May 2017) . . Page.. 1858 ..
(Question No 154)
Mrs Dunne asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 31 March 2017:
Which ACT Government directorates and agencies, apart from artsACT, specifically (a) own, (b) manage and/or (c) maintain works of public art.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
All directorates, with the exception of the Community Services Directorate, specifically own, manage and/or maintain works of public art.
• ACT Health works are managed by a part time Curator and the Arts in Health Committee which has representatives drawn from the Health and Arts communities. A key objective of the Arts in Health Program is to enhance the delivery of health services to the Canberra community.
• The Justice and Community Safety Directorate have maintained a number of public art pieces at the Magistrates court. With the construction of the new courts facility a tender will be going out seeking artists to provide a major piece for the new facility. This new art piece will be managed and maintained by Programmed Facilities Management.
• Transport Canberra and City Services, Education and the Environment Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate also own, manage and/or maintain works of public art.
• Apart from the portfolio of works managed by artsACT, no other agency within the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate own, manage and/or maintain works of public art.
Transport—Woden bus interchange
(Question No 155)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 31 March 2017 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Economic Development):
(1) What future upgrades are already funded for the Woden Bus Interchange.
(2) What future upgrades are designed but not funded.
(3) What is the status of the Government’s plans for the overall delivery of a new bus interchange.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The 2016-17 Budget includes $300,000 for footpath improvements adjacent to the bus interchange and for CCTV installation in Bowes Street.