Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 30 March 2017) . . Page.. 1399 ..
Special Needs Transport and Flexible Bus Service operations that are equipped for accessible transport.
(2) When a timetable is produced priority for accessible buses is given to routes that service hospitals and aged care facilities. Customers are able to request wheelchair accessible buses on select services, which are then assessed on a case by case basis.
Hume Industrial Estate—recycling
(Question No 138)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 24 March 2017:
(1) In relation to Block 63, Section 22, Hume, would the Minister outline why a business of rubbish collection and recycling plant is located in the Hume Industrial Estate and not the Hume Resource Recovery Estate, where it would be more in keeping with other businesses.
(2) Are there height restrictions in relation to levels of recyclable material to be stockpiled in the Hume Industrial precinct.
(3) Does zoning IZ1 allow for a recycling facility and recyclable materials collection; if so, is a rubbish dump permitted in this zone.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
Block 63 section 22 Hume is DCI Design and Construction Engineers. The answers below relate to block 66 section 22 Hume which is being used as a waste transfer centre and recycling facility.
(1) A waste transfer station and recycling facility is consistent with the zoning of this site giving the proponent the right to lodge a development application for this use on this site.
(2) An environmental authorisation has been issued for this site which states the height of any stock pile must not at any time exceed three meters above natural ground level. This authorisation will be introduced over the next six months provided the operator can demonstrate action is being taken to reduce materials stored.
(3) The lease for this site permits a recycling facility and waste transfer station and the territory plan outlines these as assessable uses in this zone. A land fill site is a prohibited use in this zone. Landfill is defined in the territory plan as the use of land for the permanent depositing of waste within the ground.
Questions without notice taken on notice
Tradesmen’s union clubs—police investigation
Mr Gentleman (in reply to a supplementary question by Mr Parton on Wednesday, 22 March 2017):