Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 30 March 2017) . . Page.. 1397 ..
(3) Public Transport fares are increased by the Minister for Transport and City Services through a change in the Road Transport (Public Passenger Services) Regular Route Service Maximum Fares Determination 2016.
(4) The increase in public transport fares was announced on 22 December 2016 following agreement from the Minister to allow for at least a two week notification period to the public.
(5) The increase is expected to result in an estimated increase of $0.443 million for the full year 2017.
(6) Transport Canberra is continually monitoring and reviewing transport fares within the ACT to ensure that they offer the best value for customers and the community.
(7) The expected cost of the 12 month trial of free off peak MyWay travel for senior and concession card holders is $0.65 million for the full year 2017.
(8) The number of cash transactions made on public transport in the ACT in the financial years of (a) 2014-15 was 2,629,684, (b) 2015-16 was 2,415,546 and (c) 2016-17 to date has been 1,541,542.
(9) There is no consideration being given to phasing out cash transactions on public transport in the ACT.
Land Development Agency—purchases
(Question No 117)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development, upon notice, on 17 February 2017:
(1) How many rural leases of over two hectares have been purchased by the Land Development Agency (LDA) from the 2014-15 financial year to date.
(2) For each property listed in part (1), (a) what was the date of purchase, (b) what is its location, name and size, (c) what was the purchase price, (d) what was the method of purchase, eg auction or compulsory acquisition, (e) were formal valuations sought; if so, how many valuations and what were the valuation amounts; if not, was informal valuation advice sought, (f) was a formal business case developed prior to the purchase; if so, who was it approved by and on what date, (g) on what date, if any, did the LDA Board approve the purchase and (h) for what purpose did the LDA purchase the land.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(2) See table below:
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).