Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 30 March 2017) . . Page.. 1395 ..
Answers to questions
(Question No 80)
Mr Coe: asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 17 February 2017:
(1) When was the last progress report on the Capital Works Program finalised.
(2) When is the next progress report on the Capital Works Program scheduled to be finalised.
(3) What is the frequency of Capital Works progress reports.
(4) Will Capital Works Program progress reports continue to be available online on the Treasury website; if so, when will the next Capital Works Program progress report be published online.
(5) What was the online publication date of the 2015-16 Capital Works Program June Quarter progress report.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. The last progress report on the Capital Works Program was tabled in the Legislative Assembly on 16 February 2017.
2. The next legislated Capital Works Report is for the period ending 30 June 2017, which will be provided to the Legislative Assembly by 29 August 2017.
3. The legislated frequency of capital works reporting to Legislative Assembly is prescribed in Amendment R52 of the Financial Management Act 1996, under Division 3.3 Capital Works Reports, Section 30F. This amendment took effect from 1 July 2016.
Division 3.3, Section 30F (1) and (3) states:
(1) The Treasurer must, at least once every 6 months, prepare a report about capital works for the Territory (a capital works report); and
(3) The Treasurer must—
(a) present a copy of each capital works report to the Legislative Assembly on the first sitting day after the report is prepared; and
(b) if the first sitting day is more than 60 days after the end of the period for which the report is prepared—give a copy of the report to each member of the Legislative Assembly within 60 days after the end of the period for which the report is prepared.
4. The Government will continue to publish the Capital Works Report on the Treasury website after it has been presented to the Members of the Legislative Assembly.