Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 30 March 2017) . . Page.. 1302 ..
c. the environment;
d. suburban amenity and aesthetic;
e. cumulative impact;
f. infrastructure and service delivery costs;
4. The effectiveness of existing regulation and zoning in encouraging, and any barriers to achieving:
a. sustainable, high quality housing design sympathetic with the environment, site and broader amenity;
b. development that accords with community expectation and needs;
c. housing affordability;
d. diversity of housing stock;
5. Best practice in managing this interaction in other jurisdictions; and
6. Any other relevant matter.
The Committee will report to the Assembly by the last sitting day of 2018.
The committee’s resolution for its inquiry into billboards is as follows:
The Committee resolves to inquire into billboards for outdoor advertising in the present—Ninth—Assembly, including into:
1. Current rules and practices concerning billboard advertising, including:
a. the rationale for existing regulations in the ACT;
b. the terms of the existing regulations in the ACT;
c. the effectiveness of the existing regulations and enforcement measures in the ACT;
d. a comparative analysis of billboard regulation in other jurisdictions; and
e. the definition of ‘billboard’ when compared with definitions for other signage;
2. Community views on placement and construction of billboards;
3. Merits and challenges of establishing designated areas for billboard advertising, including:
a. impact on business and community organisations;