Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 23 March 2017) . . Page.. 1061 ..
(4) I did on advice from the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate. I agreed that once the community provided options for new slogans a panel would short-list the suggestions. The short-list would then be put to a public vote, along with the opportunity to vote on a slogan that would be retained.
(5) The panel members, who were selected based on their broad representation of the community, were:
o Narelle Hargreaves OAM, 2016 Canberra Citizen of the Year
o Nipuni (Nip) Wijewickrema, 2016 ACT Young Australian of the Year
o Robyn Hendry, CEO, Canberra Business Chamber
o Mark Saunders, President, ACT Council of Motor Clubs
o Adam Stankevicius, Director, Cultural Canberra
o Brett Swale, Manager, Road User Services, Access Canberra.
(6) The panel met for over two hours on 19 October 2016 to decide on the short-list of the top slogans suggested by the community.
(7) There were no additional costs for this initiative. Resources were provided from within the existing resources of the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate. The new number plates will be introduced as part of the ongoing management of the number plate system and existing stocks will be phased out over time.
(8) The winning new plate and existing retained plate slogans were announced on Tuesday, 14 March 2017.
(9) The winning new plate and the existing retained slogans were voted on by the community and those slogans with the most votes were selected.
(10) As soon as possible. Manufacture time is approximately four months from the time of order.
(11) Yes, until the existing stocks of old number plates have run out.
(12) For the foreseeable future.
ACTION bus service—Nightrider service
(Question No 82)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2017:
(1) Further to the answer to question on notice No 64 which appeared in Questions on Notice Paper No 1, dated 16 December 2016, what was the total payment made by the ACT Government to enable passengers to gain discounts for the cost of Uber travel for their “last leg home” after using the Night Rider bus service in December 2016.
(2) How many Night Rider bus service passengers in December 2016 claimed the $10 Uber discount.
(3) How many passengers travelled on the Night Rider service in 2015-16.