Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 16 February 2017) . . Page.. 696 ..
(3) The Elder Abuse Prevention Working Group attended shopping centres to raise awareness and provide educational material on elder abuse.
The Working Group suggested a targeted community education awareness campaign would be more effective and as a result and to coincide with World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2016, two elder abuse television commercials focusing on financial elder abuse ran from 12 - 19 June 2016 during prime time.
The ACT Government has also funded ACT Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service (ADACAS) and the Council on the Ageing ACT (COTA ACT) to develop a new training package to raise awareness of elder abuse and how to prevent and respond to elder abuse.
(Question No 36)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Veterans and Seniors, upon notice, on 16 December 2016 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Veterans and Seniors):
(1) Has there been a report produced on the outcomes and any recommendations arising from the Seniors Health Roundtable held in May 2016.
(2) Will there be a formal government response to the roundtable.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Yes, a report is being finalised on the outcomes and recommendations from the Seniors Health Roundtable held in May 2016.
(2) Yes, there will be a ACT Government response to the Senior Health Roundtable report, including responding to the recommendations outlined in the report.
Children and young people—placement
(Question No 37)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Youth, upon notice, on 16 December 2016:
(1) How many permanent care placements were there in the ACT for 2014-15 to 2015-16, broken down into international and local placements.
(2) Is this an increase from previous years; if so, why.
(3) How many of children were placed in permanent care or adoption placements where the birth parents had a disability.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Children and young people with permanent care order finalised (Enduring Parental Responsibility or adoption).