Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 16 February 2017) . . Page.. 689 ..
• Chief Inspector Scaffolding and Lifts (No expiry date);
• Chief Inspector of Machinery (No expiry date);
• Inspector, Lakes Act 1976 (No expiry date);
• Authorised Person, Dangerous Goods (Road Transport) Act 2009 (No expiry date);
• Inspector, Dangerous Substances Act 2004 (No expiry date);
• Authorised Officer, Long Service Leave Act 1976 (No expiry date);
• Inspector, Workers Compensation Act 1951 (No expiry date); and
• Inspector, Work Health Safety Act 2011 (No expiry date);
The above appointments give Mr Jones a number of powers under various pieces of legislation.
Mr Jones has also been delegated Director-General powers under the following Acts. No expiry date is applicable to these delegations.
• All sections (except section 23) of the Dangerous Goods (Road Transport) Act 2009;
• All sections of the Dangerous Goods (Road Transport) Regulations 2010;
• All sections of the Dangerous Substances Act 2004;
• All sections (except sections 117, 186, 201, and 305) of the Dangerous Substances (Explosives) Regulation 2004;
• All sections (except section 431) of the Dangerous Substances (General) Regulation 2004;
• All sections Long Service Leave Act 1976;
• All sections Machinery Act 1949;
• All sections Workers Compensation Act 1951;
• All sections (except section 213) Work Health Safety Act 2011; and
• All sections Work Health Safety Regulations 2011.
By virtue of his Executive position as Director Construction, Environment and Workplace Protection with the ACT Government, Mr Jones also holds Human Resources (HR) and Financial delegations.
ACT Land Development Agency—conflicts of interest
(Question No 26)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 16 December 2016 (redirected to the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development):
(1) What provisions are in place for the Land Development Agency (LDA) Board members to manage conflict of interest issues, particularly for members who have had connections to industry bodies.
(2) How many times has the LDA relied on informal valuations in order to inform the price that will be paid for acquisitions.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) All LDA Board members are required to disclose any potential conflict of interest to the Government when appointed to the Board. A standing declaration of interests is