Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 16 February 2017) . . Page.. 677 ..
water and electricity upgrades, (d) external contractors, including event specialists, (e) advertising and (f) the salary and on-costs of any public servants working in support of the Westside Village.
(3) How many traders continue to operate at Westside Village.
(4) How many traders have left the Westside Village since its establishment.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) As at 31 December 2016 the total amount spent by the ACT Government on Westside Village was $1,795,112 ex GST.
(2) Breakdown of expenditure as at 31 December 2016 (all ex GST):
a. Rental subsidies: Vendor rents have not been subsidised. Vendors have been charged commercial rates until 1 January 2017. Vendors remaining at Westside after 1 January 2017 have been offered a peppercorn rent until 30 April 2017.
b. Infrastructure works at site: Cost of infrastructure works including professional fees: $1,312,372.
c. Site improvements or enhancements, including water and electricity upgrades: These costs are included in the infrastructure costs above.
d. External contractors, including event specialists: $90,366.
e. Advertising: $4,531 has been expended on advertising. Noting that event advertising costs have been included above in response d. related to event specialists.
f. Salary and on-costs of any public servant working in support of Westside Village:
ACT Property Group manages Westside Village and has a dedicated officer who manages the tenancies and the operation and maintenance of the village. ACT Property Group has incurred staff costs of $44,801 from 11 August 2015 until 31 December 2016.
The LDA does not have any dedicated staff to manage Westside. The LDA commenced allocating staff costs to Westside on 17 August 2015. As of 11 January 2017 the LDA has allocated $69,939 of staff costs to Westside.
(3) As at 20 December 2016, nine traders, across 11 outlets operated at Westside.
(4) As at 20 December 2016, two traders have left Westside since its establishment. One moved interstate and the other left to operate a restaurant.
(Question No 14)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 16 December 2016 (redirected to the Minister for Tourism and Major Events):