Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 11 February 2016) . . Page.. 354 ..
(3) Why don’t the Administrative Arrangements specifically outline the ministerial responsibilities of the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services and the Minister for Roads and Parking
(4) What does “stewardship” mean in the context of the Administrative Arrangements.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Minister for Roads and Parking is responsible for Roads ACT which covers:
• Roads Capital works
• Road resealing
• Potholes and Road repairs
• Street Sweeping
• Pedestrian Crossings
• Traffic calming measures
• Footpath repairs and maintenance
• Road closures for special events
• Traffic lights
• Roads and suburb signs
• Traffic and Parking signs
• Traffic monitoring
The Minister for Territory and Municipal Services is responsible for ACTION, including determining the location of new bus shelters.
The Minister assisting the Chief Minister on Transport Reform is responsible for Active Travel, including determining the location and priority of new footpaths and new cycling facilities.
(2) Yes. The response above outlines those responsibilities.
(3) The Administrative Arrangements do outline Ministerial responsibilities of the Ministers for Roads and Parking and Territory and Municipal Services. They are drafted to match an integrated public service, with multiple Ministerial portfolios being served by single Directorates.
(4) Stewardship is in relation to the Territory’s property and land. The term is commonly used to refer to responsibility for careful planning and best use of resources.
Planning—Big Splash Waterpark
(Question No 598)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 19 November 2015:
(1) What representations has the Government received, and from whom, about future zoning options for the site currently occupied by the Big Splash Waterpark in Jamison.