Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2015 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 6 August 2015) . . Page.. 2501 ..
ACT Health—obesity clinic
(Question No 433)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 3 June 2015:
(1) What (a) services and (b) treatments are currently provided at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic.
(2) How many staff are employed at the ACT Obesity Clinic.
(3) What are the qualifications of the staff employed at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic.
(4) How many patients are seen on a (a) weekly and (b) monthly basis at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic.
(5) Is there a waiting list for obesity service/treatment at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic.
(6) Are any of the services/referrals for obesity service/treatment at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic being provided by external service providers.
(7) What equipment is used at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic.
(8) What is the cost of providing obesity advice and treatment during the first six months of operation at the ACT Health Obesity Clinic.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) (a) The services currently provided by the Obesity Management Service (OMS) each week are:
• medical clinics
• education groups
• exercise groups
• A dietitian clinic
• An exercise physiology clinic
• A psychologist clinic
• Case management review sessions
(b) Treatments the OMS currently provides are:
• Medical assessment and review
• Obesity management planning
• Care coordination
• Very low energy diet for rapid weight loss
• Dialectical and cognitive behaviour therapy
• Exercise physiologist-led physical conditioning