Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 21 August 2008) . . Page.. 3562 ..
(2) What is the process for possible site selection, including a timeline and any community consultation measures;
(3) How will community concerns and objections impact on the placement of the facility.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) - (3) Any decisions on the respite centre and potential impacts would be dependant on the results of the Environmental Impact Statement on the Hume data Centre development.
(Question No 2177)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 August 2008 (redirected to the Minister for Housing):
(1) When will the residents of the Causeway, Kingston be informed about the future of their homes and community;
(2) Will the ACT Government allow the Causeway to remain as it is currently built.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) At a meeting with representatives of the ACT Planning and Land Authority and the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services on 22 July 2008, the residents were informed that no decision had been made on the future of the public housing properties in the Causeway.
The Causeway is subject to a planning study being undertaken by the ACT Planning and Land Authority. Once the planning study is finalised and any changes made to the Territory Plan, the Government will be in a position to consider its impact on the houses owned by Housing ACT.
(2) No decision has been made about the future of public housing dwellings in the Causeway. Any decisions in the future will involve consultation with the tenants.
Roads—Maria Place, Lyons
(Question No 2178)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 August 2008:
Will the Minister provide a copy of the traffic study prepared for the Maria Place, Lyons development; if not, why not.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) A traffic study was not provided in support of the Development Application for 9 Maria Place, Lyons. The absence of a traffic study was considered in the assessment of