Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 15 November 2007) . . Page.. 3532 ..
(2) There are currently no standards for sewer odour emissions in the ACT, however these are under development.
(3) The sewers in the vicinity of Cotter Road met the technical standards that were applicable at the time of their construction. There were no standards on odour emissions at that time. The odour regulations currently under development are based on interstate guidelines and, when completed, will become part of ACTEW’s technical regulation. In the interim, the NSW and Victorian guidelines are being used to assess any new sewer ventilation works in the ACT.
(4) The 2006 study developed a strategy to rectify the odour problems. The works involved are quite complex and there are a number of issues that need to be resolved, such as integration with other infrastructure proposed for the area. ACTEW is working closely with the ACT Planning and Land Authority to ensure these issues are correctly addressed. It is anticipated that these works will be completed by the end of 2009.
Recognising that the sewer odours are also impacting on existing residents in Weston Creek, ACTEW has devised an interim solution that will provide relief for Weston Creek residents in a much shorter timeframe. The planning and design of these works is already underway and works should be completed by the middle of 2008.
Canberra Hospital—office space
(Question No 1740)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 18 October 2007:
(1) How many patient wards at The Canberra Hospital have been turned into office space in (a) 2001-2002, (b) 2002-2003, (c) 2003-2004, (d) 2004-2005, (e) 2005-2006 and (f) 2006-2007;
(2) How much office space will be reclaimed and converted back into wards in 2006-07 and 2007-08;
(3) How many additional beds will be created by reclaiming office space in 2006-07 and 2007-08.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(a) 2001-2002 - Funding was appropriated in the 2001-2002 budget by the last Liberal Government to convert Ward 7B to accommodate the teaching requirements of the Sydney University Clinical School.
(b) 2002-2003 – no wards have been converted to office space.
(c) 2003-2004 – no wards have been converted to office space.
(d) 2004-2005 – no wards have been converted to office space.
(e) 2005-2006 – no wards have been converted to office space.
(f) 2006-2007 – no wards have been converted to office space.