Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2007 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 15 November 2007) . . Page.. 3509 ..
Answers to questions
Security—white powder incidents
(Question No 1631)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 21 August 2007:
(1) How many terrorist threat ‘white powder’ incidents have been (a) reported and (b) attended to since 2005;
(2) Which emergency services were required to attend those incidents listed in part (1) (b).
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) (a) None have been confirmed by Police as terrorist threats – for your information since 2005 there have been a total of 36 ‘white powder’ incidents reported to the ACT Fire Brigade, as follows; 2005 – 27, 2006 - 7, 2007 – 2.
(b) The ACT Fire Brigade attends to every such incident as ‘reported’.
(2) Of the 36 incidents described as white powder incidents attended by the ACT Fire Brigade, 32 to were also attended by the Australian Federal Police, 26 by the ACT Ambulance Service and four by the ACT State Emergency Service.
(Question No 1681)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Housing, upon notice, on 25 September 2007:
(1) When will the energy audits of ACT Housing stock (a) begin and (b) be completed;
(2) Who will be performing these audits;
(3) Over how many years will the audits be performed;
(4) How many properties will be audited each year over the life of the program;
(5) Has a priority list been developed for this audit; if so, what criteria were used to develop it;
(6) How much will be spent on performing these audits in each year of the program;
(7) What action will occur if a property is found to be energy inefficient;
(8) How will these actions be funded.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Energy audits will be carried out on a representative sample of Housing ACT properties in 2007-08 financial year.