Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 15 Hansard (Thursday, 15 December 2005) . . Page.. 4982 ..
(3) These Road Safety improvements funds covered elements of the Kings Avenue / Parkes Way roundabout improvements; Mary Potter / Haydon Drive traffic lights; traffic management at Erindale; Belconnen Pool entry works; signs and lines at Cowlishaw Street in addition to the design and investigation of a number of other road safety projects.
(4) Taylor PS, St Clare of Assisi PS, Sacred Heart PS, Gordon PS, St Thomas Aquinas PS, Church of England Girls Grammar, Hawker College, Belconnen HS, Holy Trinity PS, Calwell PS, Torrens PS, Canberra College, Telopea Park School, Miles Franklin PS, St Francis Xavier College, St John the Apostle PS, Higgins PS, Melrose HS and Marist College, Hughes PS.
(Question No 744)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services (redirected to the Minister for Planning), upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
(1) Why is the Land Development Infrastructure project of “Gundaroo Drive Extension into Forde” listed in the 2004-05 June quarter Capital Works Progress Report as cancelled;
(2) What was delivered for the $2000 expended on this project and why was funding for the project revised down from $29 000 to $2000;
(3) What is the significance of the cancellation of this project and will it be renewed in a further capital works budget.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The forward design project is no longer required because the road will be constructed by the land development Joint Venture in Forde.
(2) The project was cancelled before calling tenders and therefore $2,000 only was expended by ACT Procurement Solutions.
(3) The project will not be renewed in a future capital works budget as the road will alternatively be constructed by the land development Joint Venture in Forde.
Roads—accidents at intersections
(Question No 745)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
(1) Further to the response to question on notice No 687, is the Minister concerned by the figures, in particular, the high accident rate at roundabouts, give way signs and uncontrolled intersections;
(2) What, if any, work is being done to address the intersections listed by the NRMA in its annual study of intersections;