Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 17 February 2005) . . Page.. 551 ..
members, I have also tabled supplementary budget papers in accordance with section 13 of the Financial Management Act. This paper provides the detail of all items covered in the bill. I commend the bill to the Assembly.
Debate (on motion by Mr Mulcahy) adjourned to the next sitting.
Public Accounts—Standing Committee
MR MULCAHY (Molonglo) (10.59): I seek leave to move a motion concerning the Appropriation Bill 2004-05 (No 2).
MR MULCAHY: I move:
(1) notwithstanding the provisions of standing order 174, the Appropriation Bill 2004-2005 (No. 2) be referred to the Standing Committee on Public Accounts;
(2) the Committee report by March 31 2005;
(3) if the Assembly is not sitting when the Committee has completed its inquiry, the Committee may send its report to the Speaker, or in the absence of the Speaker to the Deputy Speaker who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation;
(4) the forgoing provisions of this resolution so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders; and;
(5) on the Committee presenting its report to the Assembly, the resumption of debate on the question-That this Bill be agreed in principle-be set down as an order of the day for the next sitting.
Question resolved in the affirmative.
Utilities Amendment Bill 2005
Mr Hargreaves, pursuant to notice, presented the bill, its explanatory statement and a Human Rights Act compatibility statement.
Title read by Clerk.
MR HARGREAVES (Brindabella—Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, Minister for Urban Services and Minister for Police and Emergency Services) (11.01): I move:
That this bill be agreed to in principle.