Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 9 Hansard (28 August) . . Page.. 3446 ..
(8) What were the measures of satisfaction used in the survey?
(9) What benchmarks were used for each measure of satisfaction?
(10) What were the survey results for each measure of satisfaction?
(11) What changes to the ACT taxi service will be implemented as a result of the survey?
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The survey was conducted by Traffic & Transport Surveys Pty Ltd (TTS Research).
(2) The process was by select tender and a number of transport specialist survey companies were requested to submit a proposal against the 2003 Statement of Requirements. Assessment of the proposals was in accordance with the guidelines provided by Procurement Solutions using Value For Money (VFM) rating.
(3) TTS had the best rating under VFM.
(4) The survey was conducted between 12-26 May 2003.
(5) There were 600 respondents of which 340 had used a taxi within the last three months.
(6) The survey cost $12,540.00
(7) Department of Urban Services, Policy Co-ordination.
(8) The measures used were general passenger satisfaction, wheelchair accessible taxis response time and wheelchair accessible taxis passenger satisfaction.
(9) The benchmark used in "Customer satisfaction with taxi services assessed by passenger surveys"is set out in Output 2.1 Road Transport Regulation and Services, Budget Paper 4. The target in 2002-2003 was 80%. Other results measured against previous years surveys.
(10) The Executive Summary indicating the survey results for each measure is attached.
(11) The Taxi Network Performance Standards are currently being reviewed to determine whether peak times are appropriate. Letters have been written to wheelchair accessible taxi operators reminding them of their responsibilities to provide: priority to disabled passengers; the placement of taximeters; and that scooter passengers to be relocated to a passenger seat within the taxi.
This report presents the findings of the fourth annual survey conducted on the Canberra Taxi Industry in the year 2003. The survey monitors a number of performance criteria, namely,
General customer satisfaction,
WAT response times,
WAT passenger satisfaction.
Arrival Time observations,