Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 8 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 3107 ..
contributed $20,000 in one-off, non-recurrent funding to the Home from Home project. This funding will cover the cost of the construction of a fence and the purchase of capital items.
(3) The project is presently in the set-up and planning phase, after which clients will be selected and the service will open. At this stage, the start date for the cottage is early September 2003, and early October 2003 for the host family project.
(4) The Home from Home project will be located in Gloria McKerrow House at Deakin.
(5) The service will run from Thursday to Sunday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Potentially two groups of a maximum of 6 people will be able to access the service during the given time periods per day. The number of people and types of people and groups accessing the service will be dependent on a number of factors including carer needs, gender, care needs of the people in the group, and possibly CALD backgrounds.
Land sales-legal actions
(Question No 799)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the Gungahlin Development Authority:
(1) How many land sales has the Authority conducted over the past 5 years;
(2) How much revenue has been generated;
(3) Did each of those sales result in meeting the stipulated conditions - ie, 10 per cent deposit on fall of the hammer and settlement in 56 days;
(4) If not, what were the exceptions, and what arrangements were made;
(5) How many of those sales resulted in legal action either by or against the Authority;
(6) What outcomes did legal action effect;
(7) What, if any, legal action is still pending;
(8) What cost has been incurred by the Authority for legal fees in the past five years;
(9) How many sales resulted in disputation other than legal action;
(10) What outcomes were affected by such disputation, if any;
(11) What, if any, disputations are pending.
Mr Corbell: The answer to Mrs Dunne's questions is as follows:
(1) 15 commercial sales
6 direct sales to community organisations or government agencies
7 residential estates sold by auction or tender to private sector