Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2696 ..
Jamison shopping centre
(Question No 752)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to Jamison Shopping Centre Refurbishment
(1) Has this project been completed, if so, when, if not, why not and when will it be completed.
(2) Please provide a list of the works undertaken as part of this project.
(3) What was the total cost of this project.
(4) $800,000 was allocated to this project, what will happen to any remaining funds, if the project cost more, where did additional funds come from.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Project has been completed except for installation of additional lighting to Wiseman Street, delayed due to difficulty in sourcing poles. Project is expected to be complete by the end of July 2003.
Replacement of selected pedestrian pavements and steps;
Installation of new street furniture, handrails and lighting;
Replacement of bus shelter and wind breaks;
Installation of overhead shelters to an entrance; and
Installation of new trees;
Improvements to disability access;
New pedestrian crossover at Bowman Street;
Incorporation of artworks into selected furnishings and structures.
(4) There are no remaining funds. Additional funds will come from the Landscape Upgrade Program.
Oaks Estate bus services
(Question No 753)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to bus services to Oaks Estate:
(1) What bus services are available for use of residents of Oaks Estate to other parts of Canberra;
(2) Is there a service provided to Oaks Estate residents via Fyshwick, if so, when did this service commence, if not, why not.