Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2690 ..
(Question No 738)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice:
In relation to sportsgrounds:
(1) Has the Government received any requests to bring back any of Canberra's low maintenance ovals to full maintenance, if so, which ovals have been highlighted and by whom i.e. individual or sporting group;
(2) Will the Government bring back any low maintenance to full maintenance in the
2003-04 financial year, if so, which ovals and why, if not why not;
(3) Will the Government revert any full maintenance ovals back to low maintenance in 2003-04, if so, which ovals and why.
Mr Wood, answering as the Minister responsible for these matters:
The answer to the Member's questions is as follows:
(1) No such requests have been received.
(2) No low maintenance ovals are proposed to be reinstated to full maintenance as there are insufficient funds available in the budget of Canberra Urban Parks and Places to permit this.
(3) It is not proposed to have any additional ovals revert to low maintenance.
Schools interest subsidy scheme
(Question No 739)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice:
In relation to the Interest Subsidy Scheme (ISS) used by non government schools:
(1) Which schools made use of the ISS in (a) 2000-01, (b) 2001-02 and (c) as at 31 May 2002-03;
(2) For what purpose was the ISS used in (a), (b) and (c) above;
(3) How much has the ISS cost the ACT Government in (a), (b) and (c) above;
(4) Will the scheme automatically end at the close of this financial year or will it be phased out over a period of time;
(5) What are the consequences in terms of financing for those schools that are currently utilising ISS for a loan that extends beyond the end of this financial year or from the date the scheme will end.