Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 7 Hansard (26 June) . . Page.. 2676 ..
Queen Elizabeth II Family Centre
(Question No 707)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation to the Queen Elizabeth II Family Centre:
(1) Is there a proposal to limit the availability of the Centre to three or four days per week;
(2) If so, what is the rationale for such a proposal.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) There is no proposal to limit the availability of the Centre to three or four days per week.
(Question No 710)
Mr Cornwell asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, (redirected to the Treasurer):
Further to your reply to Question on notice no. 52, dated 19 February 2002 regarding unaccounted for computers and the statement that "further advice on the outcome of this process of the stocktake will be provided when it becomes available". Can you now advise the result of the stocktake.
Mr Wood(Acting Treasurer): The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Rolling asset stocktakes and data audits have been undertaken across the ACT Government, with the exception of The Canberra Hospital and CIT Bruce. CIT Bruce will be completed by the end of July 2003. The stocktake at The Canberra Hospital will be undertaken in concert with its LAN upgrade and refresh programs both of which are due for completion later this calendar year.
With the exceptions of The Canberra Hospital and CIT Bruce, all Departments have now agreed on a baseline for InTACT asset holdings.
(2) As part of the ongoing review of processes and procedures in the Asset and Acquisitions Section of InTACT, a number of initiatives have been introduced. Extensive recruitment activities have and continue to be undertaken to fill key positions including that of Manager Assets and Acquisitions on a permanent basis. Team structures have also been revitalised and realigned to provide better, more streamlined work throughput and appropriate checks and balances. A dedicated Data Integrity and Audit Team has been established to verify and report on asset holdings recorded in the asset database ATLAS. This team is also responsible for system interrogative reporting data that will be more visible and informative.