Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 13 Hansard (21 November) . . Page.. 4057 ..
(2) The progress result provided to the Assembly for the September Quarter for the measure "Cost of municipal roads maintenance" was $0.526m. The $2.654m refers to the annual budgeted cost.
The year-to-date expenditure was below pro-rata because a significant component of the annual planned maintenance is performed in the warmer months, during the November -March period. The $0.526m spent in the September quarter was mainly for routine maintenance (eg. potholes and general day to day repairs). Some funding was also incurred on the preparation for the planned maintenance program.
Totalcare Industries Ltd
(Question No 339)
Mr Cornwell asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 19 November 2002:
In the Legislative Assembly on 13 November 2002 you noted that the ACT Treasury had completed a report on Totalcare Industries Limited:
(1) Will you table a copy of this report in the Assembly?
(2) If you will not table a copy of this report, why not?
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Treasury report on Totalcare will not be tabled in the Assembly.
(2) The report is an internal report to Government and it would not be appropriate for the report to be placed in the public domain. The report contains highly sensitive commercial information that no entity operating on a commercial basis would expect to be made generally available.
The report also contains advice to Government that is yet to be considered and accepted or varied by Government. These types of issues cannot be worked through in a public forum, because the viability of the entity and the livelihoods of staff could be affected.
The Government is intent on establishing Totalcare on a viable long term footing and this involves addressing many strategic issues across all of the areas of its business.