Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 9 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 2726 ..
Vocational education and training-funding
(Question No 178)
Mr Humphries asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 4 June 2002:
(1) What is the quantum of vocational education and training funding received in the ACT for the current financial year as at 31 March 2002.
(2) Is the quantum of vocational education and training funding received as at 31 March 2002 greater or less than the estimates prepared for the 2001 ACT Budget
(3) What has been the trend in the payment of vocational education and training funding during the period between 1 October 2001 and 31 March 2002
(4) How has this pattern of payment of vocational education and training funding varied from the same period in the previous financial year
(5) What has been the basis for any changes in the pattern of payments of vocational education and training funding between this and the previous financial year
Mr Corbell: The answer to Mr Humphries' question is:
(2) Since estimates prepared for the ACT 2001 budget were for the whole year, the quantum of funding received as at 31 March 2002 is less.
(3) Payments of vocational education and training funding in the periods 1 October 2000 and 31 March 2001 and 1 October 2001 and 31 March 2002 are:
The trend for both periods is in the graph below.
(4) The pattern is variable, so it is difficult to discern any particular trend.
(5) The major basis for change between the two periods is that the major ANTA payment received in March in 2001 was received in February in 2002.