Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 2 Hansard (21 February) . . Page.. 520 ..
Woden Town Centre-parking
(Question No 6)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 11 December 2001:
In relation to the Woden Town Centre:
- Is consideration being given to enlarging parking facilities around the Woden Library to provide easier access for elderly library users.
- If so (i) what is proposed and (ii) what is the time frame.
- If not, why not.
Mr Wood: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
- The Government's undertaking to prepare the Woden Town Centre Master Plan began with the consideration of community views on the strengths and weaknesses of the Town Centre. Lack of appropriate parking in the vicinity of the library was identified as an important issue and solutions will be canvassed at community design workshops scheduled to be held between 12-14 February 2002.
- (i) The issue will be dealt with in a co ordinated way with the community and other stakeholders as part of the overall Master Plan process.
- Timing of the Master Plan should see a draft Plan produced by July 2002.
- The matter is being addressed as part of the Woden Town Centre Master Plan.