Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1999 Week 11 Hansard (21 October) . . Page.. 3521 ..
Mr Wood asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In respect of the proposed sale of Lachlan Court:
(1) Is this to proceed; if so, what is the timetable.
(2) What discussions are taking place with residents.
(3) What places are available for the relocation of residents.
Mr Smyth: The answers to the Member's questions are as follows:
(1) Yes. Marketing for the site commenced on 30 October 1999 and an auction is expected to take place on 9 December 1999.
(2) A relocation team consisting of two ACT Housing officers has been on site since 26 July 1999. This team has held extensive discussions with residents to assess their housing needs, to facilitate inspections of alternative accommodation and to arrange for the removal of their personal belongings and furniture.
(3) All residents have now accepted suitable accommodation within their entitlement. This accommodation includes bedsitters, one and two bedroom flats, and older peoples accommodation across Canberra, with the majority in inner Canberra to respond to residents choices. Residents are progressively being relocated with the last residents expected to move in November.