Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1999 Week 6 Hansard (22 June) . . Page.. 1661 ..
Mr Corbell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the Tuggeranong Homestead
(1) When will there be an announcement about how the Federal Government funding of
$625,000 announced in September 1998 is to be spent
(a) who has the responsibility for the expenditure; and
(b) will the process be publicly accountable.
(2) Will there be an announcement about the proposals being considered for the
development of the Homestead, if so
(a) when will the announcement be made; and
(b) will the government consider community consultation as part of the
development process and if so (i) what form will this take and (ii) when will it
(3) will clarification be sought on the role and conduct of the current tenant in relation to
the management and collection of Horse agistment fees and in particular the issuing
of receipts and correct accounting of all fees and contracts
(4) Is the Government (a) aware of the exact number of horses agisted on the site and (b)
is this number of horses in keeping with the potential stock carrying capacity of the
Mr Smyth: The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) In September 1998 the Interim Tuggeranong Homestead Community Authority was
successful in obtaining funding of $675,000 under the Federation Cultural and
Heritage Projects Funding Program. Discussions have commenced between the ACT Government and the Australian Heritage Commission regarding the management and use of the Grant. The funds will be spent on conservation works on the homestead and buildings. The schedule of works will be finalised after the
Expression of Interest process is completed for the future development of the
(a) The grant will be managed by the ACT Government.