Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1999 Week 1 Hansard (18 February) . . Page.. 374 ..
(Question No. 78)
Mr Berry asked the Minister for Education, upon notice, on 10 December 1998:
In relation to information contained in the ACT Gazette No. 48 of 2 December 1998 concerning a number of contracts for training services paid by Canberra Institute of Technology to a company `Effective Training for Results' for each of the 1997 and 1998 (to December 2) calendar years-
(1) How many contracts have gone to this company.
(2) What is the total value of these contracts.
(3) What services were (a) provided and (b) to or for whom.
(4) Could these services have been provided by CIT staff.
(5) Has there been any report or evaluation of these services.
Mr Stefaniak: The answer to Mr Berry's question is:
(1) There have been 4 letters of agreement with `Effective Training for Results'.
(2) The total value of these contracts was $50,250 in 1997 and S44,500 in 1998.
(3) (a) The training services that were provided were:
. delivery of workplace trainer and workplace assessor programs to commercial clients;
. development of learning materials that support workplace trainer and assessor programs;
. client liaison and training program coordination; and
. human resource development project work and project management.
(b) Under this consultancy, general and customised training programs were delivered to seven corporate clients, three of which were multiple. Training materials were developed for other separately funded projects.
(5 Evaluations were conducted on a sessional and end of program basis.