Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 10 Hansard (26 November) . . Page.. 3157 ..
CHIEF MINISTER FOR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
Question No 48
MS TUCKER - Asked the Chief Minister upon notice on 28 October 1998:
In relation to the operations of ACTEW -
(1) For the financial years ending 30 June (a) 1996, (b) 1997 and (c) 1998 -
(i) what was the total cost of operation of the Lower Molonglo Water Quality Control Centre (LMWQCC); and
(ii) what was the cost per megalitre of sewerage processed.
(2) What impact does stormwater influx into the sewerage system have on the costs of operating the LMWQCC.
(3) What bypasses or overflows into the Molonglo River from the LMWQCC have occurred since 1 July 1995.
(4) What are the (a) current capabilities of the LMWQCC and (b) are there any plans or requirements to upgrade or supplement the facility in the foreseeable future.
(5) What (a) action did ACTEW take and (b) correspondence occurred between ACTEW and the ACT Department of Health regarding the repair of:
(i) a broken water main and sewer at Adam Place, Farrer between 1 and 15 July 1998; and
(ii) a sewerage discharge at 107 O'Halloran Circuit, Kambah on or about 14 July 1998.
(6 What (a) policy documents, manuals or internal instructions does ACTEW have in relation to the assessment of risk to public health and safety and (b) the required response by ACTEW work crews for:
(i) discharge from sewer pipes; and
(ii) broken water mains.
(7) What instances of negative pressure occurred in water mains between 30 June 1996 and 30 June 998
(8) What policy documents or management reports has ACTEW prepared regarding the influx of storm water into the sewerage system.