Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 8 Hansard (29 October) . . Page.. 2541 ..
APPENDIX 1: Incorporated in Hansard on 27 October 1998 at page 2283
TUESDAY, 25 AUGUST 1998
WINE INDUSTRY NETWORK
Question from Mr Wood to the Chief Minister:
1. What are the outcomes of the feasibility study into the wine industry?
2. Did it recommend the establishment of an ACT wide wine industry network and for the network to begin operations to market regional wines from an inner city shopfront?
3. What was the reaction of the wine industry to the proposal to establish the network?
4. Is there a conflict of interest in that the person who managed the Feasibility Study for ACT AusIndustry, and who remains under contract to the Chief Minister's Department, is the same person who is likely to operate the venture (Wine Industry Network)?
1. The Canberra District Wine Industry Feasibility Study was commissioned by ACT AusIndustry. The purpose of the study was:
. to identify network business opportunities throughout the ACT and region;
. to promote Canberra District wineries; and
. to identify markets and products to fill market needs and trends.
The recommendations from the Wine Industry Feasibility Study included: