Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 8 Hansard (29 October) . . Page.. 2539 ..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 46
Mr Bill Wood MLA - asked the Minister for Urban Services - In relation to the Tenants Council -
(1) How often does the council meet and what was the date of the last meeting.
(2) Where are the meetings held.
(3) How many attend and what government agencies are represented.
(4) Which ACT Housing residents are eligible to attend and how are they nominated/elected.
(5) What have been the main topics at meetings over the last 12 months.
(6) What recommendations/actions have resulted from these meetings.
(7) When is the next scheduled meeting.
(8) How are decisions made at meetings implemented and/or advised to residents.
Mr Smyth - the answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) The Tenants Council meets when members decide that there are matters for discussion such as local level organisational issues; issues involving other government agencies; to ensure information flow between local groups and interstate regional councils through newsletters and social events.
(2) The last recorded meeting of the Council on ACT Housing's records was 6 February 1996 at the Bega, Allawah and Currong Residents Association Community Room, Braddon. The Tenants Council determines where meetings are held.