Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 8 Hansard (29 October) . . Page.. 2535 ..
QUESTION ON NOTICE: No. 44
Health and Community Care Growth Funds
Mr Wood - on 2 September 1998 asked the Minister for Health and Community Care questions in relation to the HACC funding:
(1) How much of the (a) 1997-98 and (b) 1998-99 HACC growth funds have been used to (i) directly fund ACT Government run services and (ii) fund community based non-government services.
(2) Did previous governments use these HACC funds to expand non-government community based services.
(3) When did this government policy change.
(4) How much did ACT Community Care get in the 1998-99 budget to expand its disability and HACC services.
(5) What percentage of funding is provided to ACT Community Care's Disability Services compared to community based non-government disability organisations.
(6) How much has ACT Community Care spent to redevelop its services in the disability area over the last five years and why was this necessary.
(7) How much has the ACT Government provided to non-government services to assist in the development of their services over the same period.
(8) Is it the Government's intention that ACT Community Care compete with non-government organisations in the market. If so, has this step been taken in any policy framework and what is this policy framework.
(9) What is the Government's plan to put to open tender the services currently provided by government agencies in the disability field.