Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 7 Hansard (24 September) . . Page.. 2229 ..
ACT LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
QUESTION ON NOTICE NO 37
Department of Urban Services - Logo
(1) Which organisation or individual undertook the design work for the new logo
(2) What was the cost of the design work
(3) What will be the cost of implementing the new logo in terms of new stationary, signage etc.
(4) What is the justification for adopting this logo, given that the new design `is simply a mark to represent the Urban Services', `does not depict any particular aspect of the Department's services' and `is not designed to replace existing business logos' (Urban update No. 5 August 1998).
Mr Smyth - the answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) Quantum Ideas Bureau
(3) The basis for the incorporation of the new logo on signage, stationery, publications and other materials will be as existing stocks of these are exhausted.
(4) The old logo was created during the 1991/92 financial year when the department's activities had comprised public transport, public works and services and municipal services. It depicted roads and a large building. The old logo no longer accurately represents Urban Services' many functions, which now include the environment, housing and planning.