Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 5 Hansard (27 August) . . Page.. 1586 ..
QUESTION ON NOTICE: No. 35
Work Resources Centre
Mr Rugendyke, on 26 August 1998, asked the Minister for Health and Community Care the following questions in relation to the Work Resources Centre:
(1) Can the Minister confirm that the Centre received a grant to provide mental health services for adults with mental illness?
(2) If so, how much was the grant?
(3) What criteria applied to the grant being awarded to the Centre?
(4) What capacity does the Centre have to provide the contracted services?
(5) Has the grant money been paid and if so, when?
(6) How many clients with mental illness are currently accessing the service purchased?
Mr Moore - The answers to Mr Rugendyke's questions are as follows:
(1) In 1997-98, Work Resources Centre was contracted to provide community based supported accommodation services to people with mental illness. This took effect from March 1998. This service was also purchased from the Centre in 1998-99.
(2) For this, the Centre was paid $43,333 in 1997-98, and should receive
(3) A competitive tender process was held in November 1997 to select service providers for community based supported accommodation services. Tender evaluation was based on an organisation's ability to meet specific criteria detailed in tender brief number 10. This included evidence of the organisation's ability to meet the proposed health outcomes, manage the service financially and qualitatively, establish working relationships with relevant service providers, and provide value for money. On this basis, the tender evaluation panel recommended two organisations be awarded contracts - Work Resources Centre and Centacare.
(4) The Centre has the capacity to provide supported accommodation services to a minimum of 13 medium level care clients at any one time.
(5) In 1997-98 the Centre was paid $43,333 for the provision of services. So far in 1998-99, the Centre has received its first quarter payment of $32,500 with $97,500 to be paid in the remaining three quarters.