Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 4 Hansard (25 June) . . Page.. 1162 ..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION ON NOTICE NO 22
Business Advice Service Tender
MR STANHOPE - Asked the Chief Minister upon notice on 23 June 1998:
In relation to the ACT business advice service, known as ACT Business Link -
(1) When will the tender for the next business advice service be let.
(2) What are the audit requirements under the existing contract.
(3) Has an audit been carried out in respect of the contract let to the ACT Chamber of Commerce in 1996.
(4) How much money has the ACT Government paid to the ACT Chamber of Commerce for the provision of BUSINESS LINK services.
MS CARNELL - The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) The tender for the next business advice service was advertised in the Canberra Times on Saturday 4 July 1998. Tenders will close on Friday 23 July 1998. It is anticipated the contract will be let by 30 July 1998, should there be no extensive negotiations required with tenderers.
(2) The audit requirements under the existing contract are:
(a) An audited financial statement for the period of this consultancy agreement providing full details of expenditure of the Services Fee produced by a qualified accountant who is not an office holder, member or employee of the Contractor and who is a member of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants or the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and
(b) Prior to 30 January 1998 a certificate from the chief executive officer of the Contractor stating that the Services Fee has been expended in the manner permitted by this Consultancy Agreement.
(c) The contract also requires quarterly reports and customer satisfaction surveys. These have all been provided on time and indicate high level satisfaction with the service provided.