Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 4 Hansard (25 June) . . Page.. 1158 ..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Question No. 19
Feel the Power of Canberra Campaign
MR BERRY - Asked the Chief Minister upon notice on 28 June 1998:
In relation to the Feel the Power campaign:
1) How much has been spent on the campaign
2) Has the campaign been completed, if not (a) what further actions are to be undertaken and (b) what is the projected cost
3) What are the arrangements for the use of the slogan. Are fees payable, if so, at what rate and to whom are those fees payable.
4) What assessment has been done on the "Feel the Power" slogan. Was polling done - if so by whom, when, where, what was the sample size, what were the questions and what were the results.
5) If no polling has been done is it planned to do so and if so, when.
6) What systems are in place to evaluate the impact of the campaign on Canberra (a) business and (b) tourism.
7) What has been the strategy to market the campaign, who has developed and who has undertaken the marketing strategy and how much has it cost.
8) For the electronic and print advertisements - (a) How many of each have been placed, (b) where have they been placed, (c) when were they placed, D) at what cost
9) As the slogan is not owned by the ACT Government have any license fees been paid by the Government, if so(a) how much and(b) to whom.
10) How much has been paid to J Walter Thompson for preparation and implementation of the campaign.
11) Has J Walter Thompson paid fees to anyone for the use of the slogan, if so (a) how much and (b) to whom.
MS CARNELL - The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
1) The Government allocated $500,000 to the Feel the Power of Canberra campaign in the 1997/98 Budget. To date, $535,000 has been spent on the implementation of the campaign. This figure includes additional sponsorship received from the Auslndustry Program, but does not include the considerable cash and in-kind support from the private sector.